1. WHERE WERE YOU BORN, WHERE DID YOU GROW UP?
Dublin, grew up in the wilds of County Wexford, south-east Ireland.
2. WHAT IS YOUR EARLIEST MUSICAL MEMORY?
Watching my Dad's punk band play in the 80s.
3. WHAT WAS THE FIRST RECORD YOU OWNED?
Probably a Madonna record! I was lucky that both my parents were into music so I listened to a lot of their collections too (The Beatles, Michael Jackson, Bruce Springsteen etc).
4. WHEN AND WHERE WAS YOUR FIRST PERFORMANCE?
Otley Folk Club, West Yorkshire, 2006. I was terrified with very shaky hands and an even shakier voice! I did 2 songs and couldn't wait to get back on stage to do it all again!
5. WHO IS THE SINGLE BIGGEST MUSICAL INFLUENCE ON YOUR WORK?
I wouldn't say there is one major influence but Im a huge fan of David Gray's music, especially his earlier albums which have a lot of heart and rawness to them.
6. WHAT IS THE MOST MEMORABLE CONCERT YOU'VE ATTENDED?
Michael Jackson on the Bad tour! I think it was the first major concert I'd been to with my family and just thought the whole show was amazing and had a brilliant atmosphere too.
7. WHAT IS THE MOST MEMORABLE CONCERT YOU'VE PLAYED?
Supporting Seth Lakeman at Beverley Folk Festival was pretty cool and just recently supporting Roddy Woomble at The Black Box in Belfast. Brilliant crowd and a lovely venue.
8. WHAT IS THE WORST JOB YOU'VE EVER HAD?
A chamber maid comes pretty close but not as bad as being a telesales person for a double glazing company. I lasted 2 days and walked out before I got thrown out!
9. WHAT DO YOU THINK IS MEANT BY THE WORD ARTIST?
Anyone that is being creative, whether it's creating a song, poem, film, painting or even a dessert! So long as you're using your imagination and creating something original!
10. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING AT THE MOMENT?
The Short Second Life Of Bree Tanner by Stephenie Meyer (recommended to me by a waitress in a Little Chef restaurant and the first book I've ever read without stopping).
11. IS THE MUSIC INDUSTRY BETTER NOW OR WHEN YOU STARTED?
I think it changed dramatically when I had just started and I dont think I would have given it a go without Myspace as there was no other outlet for unsigned artists at the time. So in some ways it's better as it gives everyone an equal chance to put their music out there but on the flip side it means the sea's gettlng a little more overcrowded and murky looking!
12. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE SONG ON THE ALBUM, AND WHAT THE BEST THING FOR YOU ABOUT THIS NEW ALBUM?
At the moment, it's One In A Milion, just because its a lot of fun to sing and a bit different to the others. Its great to be able to have a decent body of work to give out to people. I think you're taken a bit more seriously when you can show that you've invested your time, energy and money into your work and that you're willing to take that risk and be proud of it.
13. WHAT IS THE FAVOURITE SONG SOMEONE ELSE HAS WRITTEN (AT THE MOMENT) ?
Thats a toughie! I don't listen to the charts much but I do like Adele's song 'Rolling In The Deep', I think she's a great singer and it seems like she has her head screwed on!
14. WHAT IS THE BEST THING ABOUT MODERN LIFE?
You can be who you want to be.
15. WHAT'S THE WORST?
Greediness and pollution.
16. WHAT SINGLE THING HAS HELPED YOU MOST IN YOUR CAREER?
The support from family and friends.
17. WHAT SINGLE THING HAS HINDERED YOUR CAREER?
Video cameras! A guy came to a gig once, filmed it all and then wouldn't buy an album afterwards because he said he had it all on his camera!! So I broke it! (Just joking!!)
18. WHAT'S YOUR FAVOURITE DRINK?
19. WHO'S YOUR FAVOURITE POLITICIAN?
Dont have one and doubt I ever will!
20. WHAT WOULD BE THE BEST THING THAT COULD HAPPEN IN 2011?.
To be asked to play at Belladrum Festival (hint hint!).