WE MAKE THE ENQUIRE!
1. WHERE WERE YOU BORN, WHERE DID YOU GROW UP?
Born in Dundee grew up in Cumbernauld & Glasgow
2. WHAT IS YOUR EARLIEST MUSICAL MEMORY?
I remember a recorder group in primary school, I thought it sounded like magic, my Dad sais they were awful
3. WHAT WAS THE FIRST RECORD YOU OWNED?
Of my first three records one was Santana – she’s not there, one was Glen Campbell – Rhinestone Cowboy, but the first was Mull of Kintyre
4. WHEN AND WHERE WAS YOUR FIRST PERFORMANCE?
When I was 13 years either Condorrat Woman's Guild, or Lenzie Rugby Club
5. WHO IS THE SINGLE BIGGEST MUSICAL INFLUENCE ON YOUR WORK?
6. WHAT IS THE MOST MEMORABLE CONCERT YOU'VE ATTENDED?
Recently I saw Tom Waits live I was transfixed what charisma,
but the best fun was the Cajun Aces at Glasgow Art School Years ago
7. WHAT IS THE MOST MEMORABLE CONCERT YOU'VE PLAYED?
The Last night of the Railway Club Inverness
8. WHAT IS THE WORST JOB YOU'VE EVER HAD?
Temporary postman at Christmas, I had to help empty Santa's sack
9. WHAT DO YOU THINK IS MEANT BY THE WORD ARTIST?
Anyone that makes something new
10. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING AT THE MOMENT?
Physics of the Impossible – Michio Kaku and an introduction to English poetry – James Fenton
11. IS THE MUSIC INDUSTRY BETTER NOW OR WHEN YOU STARTED?
I think that technology gives the less commercial musician a chance,
X factor etc. is using music to sell a Cabaret slot, good luck to them
12. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE SONG ON THE ALBUM, AND WHAT THE BEST THING FOR YOU ABOUT THIS NEW ALBUM?
I think the last song Haunted is my favourite song, The best thing about this album is hearing my old Dobro, I had it for 14 years but it was stolen just after I had finished recording, and I cant find one as nice.
13. WHAT IS THE FAVOURITE SONG SOMEONE ELSE HAS WRITTEN (AT THE MOMENT) ?
it is still Kiss me son of God – they might be Giants
14. WHAT IS THE BEST THING ABOUT NOT BEING IN A BAND?
Quick decision making, and all the Glory
15. WHAT'S THE WORST?
It can be lonely, and all the Blame
16. WHAT SINGLE THING HAS HELPED YOU MOST IN YOUR CAREER?
I think when we got a residency on Stu Who’s Funny Farm for S.T.V.
17. WHAT SINGLE THING HAS HINDERED YOUR CAREER?
When our manager stole everything leaving us with a 50 grand debt
18. WHAT'S YOUR FAVOURITE DRINK?
I cant say no to a Margarita
19. WHO'S YOUR FAVOURITE POLITICIAN?
Caroline Lucas MP – Green
20. WHAT WOULD BE THE BEST THING THAT COULD HAPPEN IN 2011?.
I would just like to play more