So here are some of my favorites blues albums of 2010! Most of these albums were released in 2010 but not all of them!
Buddy Guy - Living Proof
- the first song says it all he's 74 years young and getting better with age!!
Walter Trout - Common Ground
- some of Trout's best work in a long and storied career that included some work with John Mayall! A favorite!
Joe Bonamassa - Black Rock
- this album had Bonamassa's great guitar and a lot of different instruments and arrangements!
Nick Moss - Privileged -
Moss took his blues in a more blues rock direction with this release and it works, After listening I went back and listened to Live at Chan's 2 and that is a great live album and has stayed on the player!
Kenny Wayne Shepherd - "Live" in Chicago -
I didn't listen to this album until late this year and really haven't written about it but it is a winner! I kinda lost track of Shepherd's career after the first two albums but I'm glad I rediscovered it and this terrific album!
Moreland and Arbuckle - Flood
another album with some different sounding instruments i.e the old box guitar and some great harp playing! I really liked this album!
James Cotton - Giant
that's what he is and the album is outstanding!
JP Blues Band - I Will Not Go Quietly
- I went back and listened to this album this week and was blown away by the searing guitar work - this one's gonna get a lot of listens in the next few weeks!
The Kilborn Alley Blues Band - Better Off Now
- when I listened to this one again this week I didn't quite like it as much as the first time around - maybe - it was the mood - definitely will be listened to again!
Daddy Mack Blues Band - Bluesfinger -
a fine album from a Memphis original! I love the title instrumental and the whole rest of the album, too!
Mike Zito - Pearl River
- this one was a 2009 release but a great all round blues album. Love the sound and feel of the bayou that comes across on this album!
The Insomniacs - At Least I'm Not with You
_ I listened to this album again today and my feets was a tappin' great jump blues!
Jimmy Bowskill - Jimmy Bowskill Band Live
an unbelievable young guitarist that's gonna be around for a long, long time!
Elvin Bishop - Red Dog Speaks
- an old talent that's been around for a long time!
Popa Chubby - The Fight is On
- another blues rock album that ends with a cover of "Ace of Spades" ! Some great guitar from the Big Man!
and there's a lot more that I liked like Magic Slim, Eugene "Hideaway" Bridges, Guitar Shorty, Delta Moon, Mitch Kashmar and the blues rolls on into 2011!!